Thursday, August 27, 2026

8/26/2026

The Wailers- The Wailing Wailers (1966) ****

Dolly Parton- Hello, I'm Dolly (1967) ***1/2

Paul McCartney & Wings- Band On The Run (1973) ****

Strawberry Alarm Clock- Where's One ? (2026) ****

Dolly Parton- The Bargain Store (1975) ****

Willie Tee- I'm Only A Man (1970) ****

Carly Simon- Comes In Waves (2026) **1/2

XTC- The Big Express (1984) ****

King Crimson- In The Wake Of Poseidon: Steven Wilson Remix (1970/2010) ***1/2



 

5 comments:

Dr Wu said...

Your personal edit of SAC’s Where’s One? is totally the way to go, Without it, and your write-ups, I would’ve missed this fun record. A 37 min runtime makes it more inviting and similar to classic power pop. Some great guitar work within.That the lead guitarist/songwriter also teaches rock band at a private school is a chef’s kiss on this entertaining album. Thank for doing what you do, sir :)

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/strawberry-alarm-clock-wheres-one-bw-edit/pl.u-zPyLG7Lsl2M3V

Dr Wu said...

That Ed King of Lynyrd Skynyrd was a founding member and lead guitarist of SAC puts the outstanding guitar on this album in perspective for me.

Dr Wu said...

Damn! Oingo Boingo lead guitarist Steve Bartek is an original/current member too. How did I not know about this band? Thanks again

Sal Nunziato said...

We used to give potential employees at the shop a 20 question quiz to fill out, to see if they were lying about how much they knew about music or working in a record shop. Most of the questions were basic-- Where do you file Van Morrison? Where do you file Jethro Tull? Name five classic jazz albums. But we threw in a tricky one or two, and one of them was, "What 60's one hit wonder band had a guitarist who went on to form Oingo Boingo?" Of course no one got it.

Dr Wu said...

Lol. I knew about Ed King. I’ve made a playlist of the new originals on SAC’s 2012 album Wake Up Where You Are. The remainder are reinterpretations. I’m enjoying it but, it seems more haphazard than the new album.
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/strawberry-alarm-clock-wake-up-where-you-are-new-songs-edit/pl.u-qxylqWDCpxXEo

8/29/2026

Bob Marley & The Wailers- Natty Dread (1974) **** Elton John- Madman Across The Water (1971) **** David Bowie- Hunky Dory (1971) **** St...