Wednesday, August 26, 2026

8/25/2026

John McLaughlin With The One Truth Band- Electric Dreams (1979) **1/2

Bruce Springsteen- Lucky Town (1992) ***1/2

The Everly Brothers- Best (1959) ****

Grey De Lisle & Les Greene- Grey & Greene (2026) ****

John Waite/The Babys- Personal Playlist (2019) ****


The Byrds- Sweetheart Of The Rodeo (1968) ****

Lunachicks- Babysitters On Acid (1990) ***1/2

Michael Monroe- Nights Are So Long (1987) ****

Mott The Hoople- The Hoople (Sal's Version, 1974/2024) ****


 

• John Waite is one hell of a singer. This playlist hit the spot.

Every Step Of The Way
Saturday Night
Keys To Your Heart
Act Of Love
Turn & Walk Away
Broken Heart
When You Were Mine
Head First
Isn't It Time 
Tears
Let's Get Out Of Here
Change
In God's Shadow
Every Time I Think Of You
Midnight Rendezvous
Wild One
She's My Girl
Missing You 
Don't Walk Away

• (Removed both "Trudi's Song"- yes, I know it's about Ian's wife, but it's not very good- and "Through The Looking Glass," because the b-side "Rest In Peace" is a better ballad than both. And I added the two last singles "Foxy Foxy" and "Saturday Gigs," because they belong!)

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listened to a big chunk of “Move With The Groove” yesterday. Lots of great r’n’b.

Saw an article in the local news Monday about a band called Gnags who are doing a farewell tour after 60 years as s band. I’d never heard a note. So i tried their Greatest Hits which had 75 songs. I listened to half without being bored and often excited. The vocals aren’t amazing, but the music was consistently good rock and roll, with periodic style changes. Played their first album this morning. Good, but I think the 2nd (from 1975) will be better. More on this later this week.

- Paul in DK

Dr Wu said...

After giving Nightout a spin (have always loved this one), I followed with Hunter’s Schizophrenic, which was originally my first Hunter album and another favorite. Understand 1979 was a reunion for Hunter and Ronson after a few years apart. Quite the year for them. Came out firing on all cylinders. Bravo!
Your Stones albums led to Emotional Rescue, an album I’ve always been fond of and that only improves with age..
Thanks for all you do, sir. Hope you enjoy your day :)
Today The Hoople edit. Lol!

Dr Wu said...

Nice work with the John Waite playlist, sir. I’ve a similar 2018 playlist from you. 33 tracks between the two and only 10 are shared. Speaks to the high quality of the artist. Totally underrated. Thanks :)

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/john-waite-the-babys-bw-playlist/pl.u-zPyLZb9Cl2M3V

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/john-waite-bw-playlist-2019/pl.u-yZyV5Gmuvmz8L

Sal Nunziato said...

I am quite sure I could make another high quality, 20 track Waite/Babys playlist without any duplicates.

9/23/2026

Professor Longhair- New Orleans Piano (1972) ****