Iggy Pop- Lust For Life (1977) ****
Gary Numan + Tubeway Army- Replicas (1979) ***1/2
Nazz- Nazz Nazz (1969) ****
Winston Francis- Mr. Fix it (1969) ****
Simon & Garfunkel- Bookends (1968) ****
The Walrus- Elysian Fields Forever (2026) ****
Montage- S/T (1969) ****
NRBQ- Tiddlywinks (1980) ****
The Hollies- Stop! Stop! Stop!: MONO (1967) ***
New York Dolls- S/T (1973) ****
Tuesday, October 6, 2026
10/5/2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10/06/2026
Fickle Pickle- Sinful Skinful (1971) ***1/2 David Bowie- Aylesbury Friars Club, 9/25/71 (1971) *** Chris Spedding- S/T (1976) *** Rush- The ...
-
Danny Ray- All The Best (1980) **** (Solid collection of roots reggae, featuring "Revolution Rock," a song many, including myself,...
-
Harry Connick Jr.- Lofty's Roach Souffle- ***1/2 (Good record, if a bit long. But it pays off big time with the last song.) Jimmy Wither...
-
John Coltrane- Ole: Kevin Gray MONO Master (1961/2025)- **** (In a word, stunning! "John Coltrane and two bassists walk into a studio.....
5 comments:
Noticed you had some new vinyl on Discogs. A near mint copy of Queen’s Hot Space, the last Queen album I ever bought. Also, saw the tour in the Bay Area. Sentimentality led to a re-listen. Side 2 is definitely the better half. And the album, it’s not as I remember it. There does seem to be some favorable reevaluation going on - mainly from people who came to Queen much later.
Personally, I think I’ve improved it here:
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/queen-hot-space-leaner/pl.u-r2yBq7xCl09BD
1979 was a pretty good year for Gary Numan. Thanks for all you do, sir :)
Re: Iggy and New York Dolls. I just finished the book "Please Kill Me: An Oral History of Punk Music" by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain. It was a lot of fun.
Just have to mention one of the better NRBQ records (if not the best), Tiddlywinks. Me and the Boys, Roll Call, Want You To Feel Good Too, Never Take The Place of You, Definition of Love, You Can't Hide, Feel You Around Me, all great songs. Loving the Q.
I was wondering why it has been so quiet over here and then I noticed a number of comments. I have not been getting notified. I just tried fixing that in the settings, so hopefully that works and I can engage.
**** great fun :)
Post a Comment