Wednesday, June 19, 2024

6/18/24

Margo Guryan- Take A Picture
(A "baroque masterpiece," they say. Feh.)

The Upsetters w/Vin Gordon- Musical Bones
The Velvet Underground- White Light/White Heat
Freddie McKay- Creation (four songs)

Bob Dylan- Shot Of Love

(This should be in every Dylan fan's Top Ten.)

Jamme- S/T
(Now this is a "baroque masterpiece.")


King Crimson- Red (Side One)

Black Uhuru- Anthem
(Saw them on this tour and because of that, I'll always love this record and this Sly Stone cover.)


Joe Bataan- Mr. New York & The East Side Kids
(Side Two of this record is insanely good. Side One is almost horrible.)



The Dirtbombs- Ultraglide In Black
Sly & The Family Stone- Fresh (Kevin Gray Master)

2 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

Re: Bob Dylan and Shot of Love. I give it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars. It's great. But I have 24 Dylan albums in my Top 10! (It's one of them.)

Michael Giltz said...

The Jamme album is good. I almost want to buy the CD just to get the 22 page booklet and hear their story.

9/27/24

Ornette Coleman- Virgin Beauty Link Wray- S/T David Bowie- I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour '74) v/a- Burning Wood's Reggae Birth...