Tuesday, June 18, 2024

6/17/24


Bob & Marcia- Pied Piper
(My new favorite reggae record. Sweet, uplifting, wonderful.)


Norris Reid- Give Jah the Praises

John Cale- POPtical Illusion

(Second spin not as great as first spin. Like "Mercy," a bit tedious, though this has more melodies to hang onto than "Mercy." Still, very dense.)

Paul McCartney- Press To Play
(This and "Off The Ground" are the only two Macca albums that I have never come around to. Still, I keep trying. And still, I don't like either. Though, "However Absurd" is epic!)


Bill Nelson- Powertron
(I think I read this is his 158th solo record. It certainly is one of his best! Recorded in 2016 and released last month, this is a rock record with vocals and classic Bill Nelson guitar playing on every track. A very nice surprise!)

The Runaways- S/T

Squeeze- The Knowledge

(Another fantastic record, 40 years after the fact!

The Replacements- Hootenanny

Led Zeppelin- Presence
(If you're paying attention, then you saw this coming. Gonna do a post about this record. Stay tuned.)

Lee Moses- How Much Longer Must I Wait: Singles & Rarities 1965-1972
(Every track is a killer!)

No comments:

9/27/24

Ornette Coleman- Virgin Beauty Link Wray- S/T David Bowie- I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour '74) v/a- Burning Wood's Reggae Birth...