Wednesday, April 24, 2024

4/23/24

Gene Clark with The Gosdin Brothers- (Kevin Gray Stereo Cut)
(Had to go in again after yesterday's discovery. A beautiful pressing of an amazing record.)

Ian Hunter- All-American Alien Boy
Ian Hunter- Defiance Part 2, Fiction (RSD Edition w/bonus tracks)
Lou Reed- Coney Island Baby
Nilsson- Nilsson Schmilsson
The Ventures- Walk Don't Run Vol.2

Tommy McCook & Bobby Ellis- Green Mango

(I have been searching for a copy of this for years. And whenever I play it, I want that copy more than before. If any of the six of you reading this has a nice vinyl copy for under $60, I'll buy it.)

V/A- Niney The Observer Presents Lightning & Thunder
"Stunning sounds from the first three years of Niney The Observer on record – a huge amount of rare singles from back in the day, served up in a double-length package that features 22 tracks on CD for the first time ever! The mix of modes here is incredible – and a real demonstration of that made creative genius that made Niney such an important force in the studio and in front of the microphone – as lots of these tracks have really unusual inflections, odd arrangements, and a way of putting over a weird sound that most folks think was only invented by Lee Scratch Perry."-----LOVE IT!








 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying Ian's new one, too.
That Tommy McCook sounds killer.

Yesterday was another good listening day for me:

Stanton Moore Trio - Emphasis! (On Parenthesis)
UFO - Covenant (first listen, a bit weak)
Steve Cropper - With A Little Help From My Friends [Expanded]
Congo Funk! Sound Madness From The Shores Of The Mighty Congo River
Dwight Twilley Atlanta June 1984 (bootleg)
Traffic - 1970-07-01 Fillmore West Early Show (bootleg)
Alison Krauss - Now That I've Found You (A Collection)
Mark Knopfler - The Boy
Bill Frisell - Blues Dream
Shelly Manne and his Men at the Black Hawk, Vol 3

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

I love your list, Paul. There's something oddly satisfying about writing it all down.

How is that Twilley? As much as I love his studio records, the one or two live shows I've heard didn't kill me.

And yeah, "Green Mango" is an all timer. Just can't find one!

That Stanton Moore is another fave.

Anonymous said...

Sal, The Twilley is a solid set with surprisingly good sound. Found it at https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/?m=1

- Paul in DK

Michael Giltz said...

I can't even find a mention of Green Mango as an album on Amazon at all (or streaming of course)! That's pretty damn obscure. Mentioned on Wikipedia but that's about it.

Michael Giltz said...

And for the record, I believe there are at least seven people on here....

Sal Nunziato said...

You can listen to Green Mango here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLQ1Qa1Wi4U

5/4/24

Charles Mingus- Blues & Roots Evi-Edna Ogholi- My Kind Of Music (Side One) His Lordship- S/T (Absolutely nuts! Relentless rock and roll ...