Tuesday, April 23, 2024

4/22/24

Steve Conte- The Concrete Jangle

Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman & Marty Stuart & The Superlatives- Sweetheart Of The Rodeo: 50th Anniversary Live

(I saw this live at Town Hall and I really wanted a souvenir of the night. This recording is stellar, but it is one of the most offensively overpriced Record Store Day pieces since the inception of this stupid event.)

Tom Verlaine- Dreamtime (From The RSD Box, Chris Bellman Masters)
(Like the debut from this boxed set, this record has never sounded better.)

Duke Ellington • Charlie Mingus • Max Roach- Money Jungle

Genesis- ...And Then There Were Three (2008 Remix)

Gene Clark with The Gosdin Brothers- (Kevin Gray Stereo Cut)
(I thought the original MONO was the way to go with album. But this is the first I am hearing the Kevin Gray stereo cut and it is stunning. This is the pressing!)

XTC- Mummer

Roxy Music- Manifesto
(One of my all time favorite underappreciated albums. Opening track is a killer, an apparently, Bryan Ferry thinks so too, as he mentions this and two others--"Sentimental Fool" and "The Bogus Man"---being three of his faves.)


 


Roxy Music- For Your Pleasure

(My second favorite Roxy, with my single favorite Roxy song.)

 


No comments:

5/2/24

The Lemon Twigs- What We Know (Their first, cassette-only release, which I had never heard until today. Fantastic. Trippy. Like Macca's ...