Saturday, April 20, 2024

4/19/24

Ian Hunter- Defiance Part 2, Fiction (RSD Edition w/bonus tracks)
(After just one pass I think this one is even better than the first. Bonus tracks excellent, one featuring Chris & Rich Robinson.)

 

 

Be-Bop Deluxe- Futurama (Stephen W. Tayler Remix)
(Not sure I hear much of a difference between this and the original, but it certainly didn't sound bad. Always a great spin.)


Television- Live At The Academy N.Y.C, 12/4/92
(I recall enjoying this more at the time. This doesn't translate to vinyl. Feels like a very uninspired performance. Maybe it's the mix.)

Jill Sobule- Things Here Are Different
(Debut produced by Todd Rundgren. She's made a few great records since, but I think this one is her best.)

 

 

Thin Lizzy- Night Life
(I understand why "Jailbreak" finally broke them in the U.S.. But I don't understand how this record and "Fighting" did absolutely nothing. Both fantastic, but I give "Night Life" the edge.)



 

Pretenders- S/T
(One of the all time great debuts, no? I love Chrissie, but nothing else came close to this.) 


 

Paul Carrack- Suburban Voodoo
(Might as well be a Nick Lowe record. So many great tunes.



1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

Pretenders is indeed an all time great debut. I do really like Learning To Crawl as well, but yes the first is the best.

5/2/24

The Lemon Twigs- What We Know (Their first, cassette-only release, which I had never heard until today. Fantastic. Trippy. Like Macca's ...