Friday, April 19, 2024

4/18/24

Dr. Michael White- A Song For George Lewis
(Morning coffee, just like sitting on the balcony in New Orleans, except I am looking out of my office window at the Astoria Con Ed plant.)

 


 


David Bowie- The Next Day Extra E.P
(My favorite track from "The Next Day," left off the album proper.)


Todd Rundgren- The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect (Kevin Gray Cut)
(Opening night of the new tour last night. Setlist is mind blowing. Gonna be a lot of Todd on the box between now and when I see him.)


 

Blue Oyster Cult- Secret Treaties
(Their best!)


 



Pearl Jam- Dark Matter
("Backspacer" is my favorite Pearl Jam record and on first pass, this new one reminded me of that. I think I'm gonna like this one more as I play it.)






Judas Priest- Mudd Club '79
(Great invite only set. Long time tape trade among fans, finally gets an official release a few years back in a big boxed set. Good set!)

McAlmont & Butler- The Sound Of...
(Haven't played this one since it came out. Man, what the hell was I doing for 30 years? What a killer record!




Clarence "Bon Ton" Barlow- The Jay Miller Sessions
(There are easily 50 Jay Miller Session records and every one is worth your time.)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new Pearl Jam is another Andrew Watt production. Might be worth a weekend mix of Watt's work. "Crawling Through The Wreckage" is a very good song; to me, Eddie sounds best on the songs with acoustic guitars.

McAlmont & Butler is new to me. Sounds like a mix of Phil Spector and Prince.

God Bless The Girl has a sparser mix than much of The Next Day, and DB's vocal is excellent.

Clarence "Bon Ton" Garlow sounds great!

- Paul in DK

Michael Giltz said...

I liked the new Pearl Jam at first blush, too. Though I'm no expert on them. This: "Morning coffee, just like sitting on the balcony in New Orleans, except I am looking out of my office window at the Astoria Con Ed plant." Spit take funny.

5/1/24

The Lemon Twigs- A Dream Is All We Know (Just wow! Back for more, later.) Emahoy Tsege Mariam Gebru- Spielt Eigene Kompositionen Southern Cu...