Thursday, March 7, 2024

3/6/24

Chris Braide & Andy Partridge- Queen Of The Planet Wow!
(Third time's the charm. Great little release.)

v/a- Studio One Oldies But Goodies Vol. 1
(So many early reggae and ska gems. Wonderful.)

The Who- Live At Shea Stadium 1982 (Sides One & Two)
(Sure wish this sounded better. Good performance but lousy recording for an official release.)

Rush- Counterparts
(This was their back to basics record, according to Geddy. It has its moments, but mostly stays around too long. Still what's good is great. I enjoyed this.)

Stiff Little Fingers- Inflammable Material
(Back in the collection after selling off my original. Punk Hall Of Fame!)

Jackie Mittoo- In London
(The keyboard king of Studio One covering Procol Harum, Bee Gees, and of course, "Soul Finger." I love this record and while in Kingston JA, found a beautiful cover to replace my beater.)

Jerry Reed- The Unbelievable Guitar & Voice Of...
(This has got to be the blueprint for every Mike Nesmith solo record.)


No comments:

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...