Wednesday, March 6, 2024

3/5/24

Miles Davis- In A Silent Way
(Maurice Brown opened his set at City Winery with a sick twist on "In A Silent Way." Had to hear the original.)

Nico- The End
(I've come around to Nico, especially "The Marble Index" and "Desertshore." But "The End is still traumatizing. Will never listen to this again.)

Maurice Brown- Personal Playlist
(Still high from last night's performance. Needed to hear more.)

Creation Rebel- Psychotic Jonkanoo
(One of three Creation Rebel records getting reissued this month. First time hearing this one. Heavy dub vibe. A bit too trippy. Ok, but not a keeper.)

Yusef Lateef- Eastern Sounds (2023 Kevin Gray Master)
(One of my favorite jazz records in a stunning new pressing.)

The Rolling Stones- Tattoo You Lost & Found: Rarities
(Some great stuff here.)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Eastern Sounds, too. Will dig that out when I'm back from my travels.

- Paul in DK

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...