Thursday, September 3, 2026

9/2/2026

Larry Goldings, Peter Bernstein, Bill Stewart- Rhombus (2026) ***1/2

Elizabeth Cook- Great Television **1/2

Paul McCartney- Chaos & Creation In The Backyard (2005) ****

Todd Rundgren- (re)Production (2011) ***

Santana- S/T (1969) ***1/2

Geddy Lee- My Favorite Headache (2000) ***1/2

Devo- 50 Years Of De-Evolution: 1973-2023, Sides A & B (2023) ****

Radio Birdman- Radios Appear (1977) ****

The Edgar Winter Group- They Only Come Out At Night (1972) ***1/2

Handsome Jack- Barnburners! (2026) ****




3 comments:

Dr Wu said...

A fine example of “Now Playing”: (re)Production’s BW Album Guide rating is *

Sal Nunziato said...

I wish I had an explanation as to a) why I played it when I thought I hated it and b) why I enjoyed it. But I don't. Half of it really worked for me.

Anonymous said...

Radios Appear is one of my favorite Aussie rock albums. Saw them in Sydney about 20 years ago and they crushed it.

Those vocals on the Stefan Harris album were worse than I expected. Plenty of fine playing, though the synths could be replaced with a horn or organ.

- Paul in DK

9/2/2026

Larry Goldings, Peter Bernstein, Bill Stewart- Rhombus (2026) ***1/2 Elizabeth Cook- Great Television **1/2 Paul McCartney- Chaos & Crea...