Friday, September 4, 2026

9/3/2026

Irma Thomas- Love Is The Foundation (2020) ****

Jon Batiste, Jason Marsalis, Herlin Riley- Snug Harbor, New Orleans: 4/27/2026 (2026) ***1/2

Yes- Close To The Edge: Steven Wilson Remix (1972/2018) ****

The Kinks- Where Was Spring: 1968-1969 (2026) ***1/2

Prince & The Revolution- Parade: Kevin Gray Master (1986/2016) ****

Elton John- 11/17/70: Sal's RSD Edit (1971/2017/2026) ***1/2

Wilco- Solid Sound, 6/21/13 (2013) ***1/2

The Beach Boys- 20/20 (1969) ****

The Beatles- Second Album: 2024 MONO Remaster (1964/2024) ****

Rush- Moving Pictures: Side One (1981) ****

Aerosmith- Permanent Vacation (1987) ****

Spin Doctors- Pocket Full Of Kryptonite (1991) ****

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salvatore, is there a way to obtain the Batiste,Riley,Marsalis gig? saw Jason sit n with Kermit in April.Herlin Riley is magic. All the bets from Kerry,paul from Sunset park

Anonymous said...

Only side one of Moving Pictures? Is side two not worthy? I had a 3-star spin of Roll The Bones followed by a 4-star A Farewell To Kings - The Tribute Versions yesterday.

Two new albums I like:
Mopar Stars - Official Researchers of the NJ Devils is 11 songs over 29 minutes with a Replacements feel. http://href.li/?https://moparstars.bandcamp.com/album/official-researchers-of-the-nj-devil

The Black Drumset - Friends In Dark Places seems to be a one man band with droning synths and guitars with varied but not lead drum attack and vocals something like the Reid brothers or BRMC’s Howl. 28 minutes of intriguing psychedelia that I’ve played three times in four days. http://href.li/?https://theblackdrumset.bandcamp.com/album/friends-in-dark-places

- Paul in DK

Dr Wu said...

Curious about The Kinks’ Where Was Spring. Found this recent article but, no indication anything has been officially released.
https://thestrangebrew.co.uk/two-lost-kinks-recordings-where-was-spring/

Sal Nunziato said...

Paul. Check back here in a few.

Sal Nunziato said...

I found the compilation here:
https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-kinks-where-was-spring-1969.html

Sal Nunziato said...

https://we.tl/t-uikJp35HjirnHdsf

Sal Nunziato said...

Side One of "Moving Pictures" is an all time Side One. I do like "Camera Eye," but "Witch Hunt" and Vital Signs" are a drag. I just stuck with the perfect play.

Will check out those two suggestions.

Dr Wu said...

Nice. Thank you :)

10/12 2026

Marianne Faithfull- Before The Poison (2004) **** Dr. Alimantado- Best Dressed Chicken In Town (1978) ***1/2 X- Wild Gift (1981) ***1/2 Stan...