The Lovin' Spoonful- Hums Of The Lovin' Spoonful: MONO (1966) ***1/2
John Coltrane- My Favorite Things: Kevin Gray MONO Master (1961/2022) ****
v/a- Louisiana Swamp Pop (1977) ***
Bob Marley & The Wailers- Babylon By Bus (1978) ***1/2
Tin Machine- S/T (1989) ****
Nicole Atkins- Drama (2026) ****
Thin Lizzy- Thunder & Lightning (1983) ***1/2
Eno- Another Green World (1975) ****
Chuck Berry- After School Session: Acoustic Sounds Remaster (1957/2026) ****
Hole - Celebrity Skin (1998) ***
Gyasi- Songs From The Holler (2026) ***
•I love "Celebrity Skin" and it would normally get an easy ***1/2-****. But this new 180g reissue that was released on 9/18 sounds like crap. Buyer beware. The Chuck Berry, on the other hand, blew my mind.
•Was not expecting an acoustic blues record from Gyasi. I went in knowing nothing about this new one and I was surprised but not disappointed. Worth your time.
1 comment:
Drama still sounding great to me (both Nicole and Yes). Celebrity Skin and Live Through This were perfect for NFL pregame. Thanks for all you do, sir. Hope you enjoy your trip south. :)
Post a Comment