Saturday, September 19, 2026

9/18/2026

Queen- II, Side Black: 2026 Mix (1974/2026) ****

v/a- Ska Ba Dip: The Essential King Edwards (1989) ***1/2

Echo & The Bunnymen- Apples For Isaac (2026) ***1/2

Roger Taylor- Violence Insane In A Beautiful World (2026) **1/2

Susanna Hoffs- The List (2026) ***

Electric Light Orchestra- A New World Record (1976) ****

Nicole Atkins- Italian Ice (2020) **1/2

The Rumble- Ain't No Dying (2026) ****

Ultravox!- Rare Retro (2016) ****

Whitesnake- S/T (1987) ****

Raido Birdman- Radios Appear (1977) ****

 

• I think the new Echo & The Bunnymen has potential to be a keeper.

• The Susanna Hoffs played like a "musical bio," and I guess it was designed that way. But it wasn't very exciting on first pass. I'm not giving up on this one...yet.

• Okay, "Italian Ice" is exactly what kept me away from Nicole Atkins all these years. Going to stick with the new one and then try something else, maybe her debut.

• The Rumble is shaping up to be a fantastic New Orleans release.

• Didn't realize there was an Ultravox! "Island Years" box. This bonus disc is a killer. If you love the first three John Foxx records, this set of oddities and leftovers is fantastic. Live stuff, remixes, single mixes--it all plays so much differently than what you are familiar with.

• I have no guilty pleasures when it comes to music. I don't listen to music ironically. That said, Whitesnake's 1987 blockbuster is the best of its kind. 

 

No comments:

9/18/2026

Queen- II, Side Black: 2026 Mix (1974/2026) **** v/a- Ska Ba Dip: The Essential King Edwards (1989) ***1/2 Echo & The Bunnymen- Apples F...