Thursday, September 17, 2026

9/16/2026

Buddy Miller- S/T (2026) ****

Taj Mahal & The Phantom Blues Band- Time (2026) ****

Bruce Springsteen- The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (1973) ****

Charli XCX- Music, Fashion, Film (2026) ****

Queen II: Abbey Road HSM (1974/2015) ****

The John Sally Ride- Now Is Not A Great Time (2021) ****

Bee Gees- 1st: Kevin Gray Stereo Master (1967/2017) ****

Soul Asylum- Let Your Dim Light Shine (1995) ****


•Okay, I really enjoyed the Buddy Miller. It's a solid Buddy record. His voice is strong. I don't think the guests are in the way, instead add subtle dabs of color and harmony. And those "weepy"songs worked for me. Looking forward to another spin or two.

4 comments:

Dr Wu said...

The Lemon Twigs Look For Your Mind!: 5 plays since 05.08.2026
Charli xcx Music, Fashion, Film: 6 plays since 07.24.2026
(Per “Now Playing”). One of these was more likely than the other.
Further proof that you’re not yelling “Get off my lawn”. Lol
I like the new Buddy Miller. Looks like an excellent music day, sir.
Thanks for all you do. :)

Michael Giltz said...

Bruce should have been on the cover of Time and Newsweek for "The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle," in my opinion. A perfect music day. Old. New. All good.

Troy said...

I like the new Buddy Miller album and it's growing on me. I like the slower 'weepy' songs but IMO there's a few too many of them. Slows down the overall record a bit. However 'Don't Look Back' with Dan Penn and that awesome choir made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Absolutely fantastic.

Cleveland Jeff said...

After seeing it in Now Playing so many times, I listened to Music, Fashion, Film. I'm not crazy about the manufactured sound, and there are no musicians listed anywhere, just producers, but the songs are pretty good pop. I can see why you like it.

9/16/2026

Buddy Miller- S/T (2026) **** Taj Mahal & The Phantom Blues Band- Time (2026) **** Bruce Springsteen- The Wild, The Innocent & The E...