The Staple Singers- Faith And Grace: A Family Journey 1953-1976, Personal Highlights (2015/2026) ****
Shakti with John McLaughlin (1976) ***
John McLaughlin- The Promise (1995) **1/2
The Pretty Things- Parachute (1970) ***1/2
The Beatles- S/T: Giles Martin Stereo Remix, Sides Three & Four (1968/2018) ****
King Crimson- THRAK (1995) ****
Genesis- ...And Then There Were Three (1978) ****
X- Los Angeles (1980) ****
Joe Jackson- I'm The Man (1979) ***1/2
Prince- 10 From "Emancipation" (1996/2026) ****
Motorhead- Bomber (1979) ****
The Who- My Generation: Japanese True Stereo (1965/2023) ****
• I only listened to half of "The Promise," which is still about 38 minutes! Nothing was sticking. Amazing playing but really boring tunes.
• "THRAK" is one of the best records of 1995 and without question, the tour was one of the best KC shows I have ever seen. Town Hall never shook so hard.
• Happy Birthday Keith Moon! Dead at 32. That's just wrong, though that's 5 years longer than a few other rock and rollers we all know and love.
4 comments:
From 2017, I’m curious what’s changed. Always a wonderful day when you remind the world of Emancipation. Thanks for all you do. :)
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/prince-emancipation-bw-edit/pl.u-4Jom6PDTb1M8q
This is the new playlist. Tighter, I believe.
Slave
Jam Of The Year
New World
The Human Body
Face Down
One Of Us
Somebody's Somebody (Live Studio Mix)
The Holy River
The Love We Make
Emancipation
Nice. Thank you. I look forward to listening after I finish totally digging Return of the Super Ape. Thanks for that as well. :)
THRAK is on deck also.
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/prince-emancipation-bw-edit-2026/pl.u-55D64r3SG2YvA
I played McLaughlin’s Floating Point (2008) last night and it was very good. Tried The Promise earlier today in it’s entirety; the first and last tracks were the best of an otherwise well-played but adventure-less fusion set.
THRAK is a beast of an album and they were jaw-droppingly great when I saw them in Berkeley.
- Paul in DK
Post a Comment