Monday, August 5, 2024

8/4/24

Graham Gouldman- The Graham Gouldman Thing
(This record is super short, but I'd still get rid of that last instrumental track on Side Two. It belongs on a different album.)

The Kinks- Soap Opera

(The more I play this record, the stronger I feel about it being the most underrated of the Kinks post-Reprise catalogue. Here are two faves.)


 


The Beatles- Revolver (2022 Stereo Remix)
Harry Nilsson- Personal Playlist
Blue Oyster Cult- Agents Of Fortune

The Black Crowes- Personal Playlist

(Really enjoyed this one. If you're curious:

Sting Me
Kickin' My Heart Around
Hole In My Soul
Grows A Rose
Waitin' Guilty
Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye
Goodbye Daughters Of The Revolution
Exit
By Your Side
Girl In A Pawnshop
No Speak No Slave
Wanting & Waiting
Cold Boy Smile
Dirty Cold Sun
Soul Singing
Sometimes Salvation
Twice As Hard
My Morning Song)

Queen- A Night At The Opera (Abbey Road HSM)
Small Faces- The Singles As & Bs

The Who- Who's Next (1995 Remix)
(This is my favorite version of this record.)

 






1 comment:

Bill said...

I never paid much attention to Soap Opera. I listened to it early in my Kinks years and it didn't stick, and I haven't revisited it much since. Maybe its time for a spin.

9/16/24

Michael Chapman- Fully Qualified Survivor v/a- Goldband Blues (Personal Playlist) Creole And Chinafrica- Journey From Creation 1975-1985 Gan...