Wednesday, July 10, 2024

7/9/24

Fleetwood Mac- Then Play On (Original U.K.)
Sparks- Two Hands, One Mouth: Live In Europe (Sal's Edit)

Joe Cuba Sextet- Vagabundeando! (Hangin' Out)

(Every one of these classic Fania or Tico Kevin Gray remasters is a killer.)

Bee Gees- This Is Where I Came In
(Someone asked if I had ever heard this 2001 release. I hadn't. He said I should listen. I did. It's damn good!)

Syd Barrett- An Introduction To...
The Beatles- Beatles For Sale (U.K. Stereo)

Paul McCartney- Driving Rain
(I can't stress enough how I think most of Macca's output of the last 25 years has been unfairly dismissed. A couple of lemons here and there, but so many gems. The guy's a genius. You know?)

The Dukes Of Stratosphear- Psonic Psunspot






4 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

Hey, no fair! I've been working my way through some of the Bee Gees! (They have a lot of albums. I confess I jumped from Odessa to their breakthrough with Mr. Natural.) Just passed SNF and Spirits Having Flown. Their sound is truly bizarre and eccentric. I mean, if you want the Bee Gees, you gotta play the Bee Gees. The moans, the vulnerable falsetto flutters, the weirdness is really cool on their best work. Not a lot of great albums to me. But some solid ones (Odessa, Side One of Spirits Having Flown) and always a lot of great singles. I do prefer their massive commercial period to the early stuff (and for me Odessa is weirder and more fun than their third album, naturally called Bee gee's 1st because of course). Can't quite commit to listening to everything, so if there are any other albums you'd highlight let me know!

Sal Nunziato said...

Here are my Top 5:

1. The 1st Album
2. Horizontal
3. Main Course
4. Idea
5. Children Of The World

Half of Odessa is amazing and would have made a brilliant single LP.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed "This is Where I Came In."

Bill said...

Someone at my local grocery must be a big XTC fan. Over the sound system yesterday I heard Making Plans for Nigel. Last week it was Ball and Chain. Could I hope for Great Fire next week? :)

Sal Nunziato said...

Okay this just registered.

How is "Mr Natural" their breakthrough album?
They had monster hits off of almost all prior releases except two, and "Mr. Natural" tanked, failing to do what they nailed on the next record "Main Course."

9/14/24

Bob Marley & The Wailers- One Love At Studio One: 1964-1966 (Record Two) Cheap Trick- In Color (Kevin Gray Remaster) Sam The Sham & ...