Monday, August 31, 2026

8/30/2026

Dolly Parton- Jolene (1974) ***

Os Tincoas- S/T (1973) ***1/2

Carlos Santana & John McLaughlin- Love Devotion Surrender: MoFi HSM (19732024) ****

Horace Andy- Mr. Bassie (1998) ***

Jethro Tull- This Was: Kevin Gray Cut (1968/2026) ****1/2


Deep Purple- Perfect Strangers (1984) ***1/2

Michael Penn- Six Pack (2026) ***1/2

Taj Mahal- Mo' Roots (1974) ***1/2

Genesis- Selling England By The Pound: Nick Davis Remix (1973/2008) ****

Elvis Costello & The Attractions- IbMePdErRoIoAmL (1982) ****1/2

The Heartbreakers- L.A.M.F.: The Found '77 Masters (1977/2021)- ****

Generation X- S/T (1978) ****

The Replacements- Boink!! (1986) ****


• Revisiting "Love Devotion Surrender" last week knocked me out. I decided I needed an upgrade and this MoFi half speed master is perfect. A fantastic pressing. 

• "This Was" is my favorite Tull album, followed by "Stand Up" and "Thick As A Brick." Needless to say, I was stoked to see Rhino release a box with the first five Jethro Tull records all revamped by the one and only Kevin Gray. I've had an original U.K. MONO of "This Was," an original U.K. stereo, an original U.S. stereo and a Steven Wilson remix. None come close to this Kevin Gray cut. Can't wait to dig in to the other four.

No comments:

8/30/2026

Dolly Parton- Jolene (1974) *** Os Tincoas- S/T (1973) ***1/2 Carlos Santana & John McLaughlin- Love Devotion Surrender: MoFi HSM (19732...