Wednesday, July 17, 2024

7/16/24

Wings- Greatest
(First track is "Another Day," not a Wings tune. Also, the bass playing in "Silly Love Songs" is not of this Earth.)

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers-  A Night In Tunisia (1961)
Bruford- Feels Good To Me
The Paragons- On The Beach

Ornette Coleman- Chappaqua Suite (Pts. I & II)

(A friend suggested I listen to this way back in 1982, years before I heard a note of Ornette. He said, "This is a really beautiful record." Needless to say, back in 1982, I wanted to kill him. When I started to "get" Ornette in the late 90's, I fell in love with this record, though I think "beautiful" is a stretch.")

Electric Light Orchestra- Zoom

(Lynne's finest. Period.)

The Lemon Twigs- A Dream Is All We Know

(This sounded great after a nice layoff.)

Paul Weller- 66

Prince- Dirty Mind
(Still my fave Prince record.)

Kiss- Love Gun







1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

Zoom really is great. Paul/Wings -- it's all the same to me. :)

9/16/24

Michael Chapman- Fully Qualified Survivor v/a- Goldband Blues (Personal Playlist) Creole And Chinafrica- Journey From Creation 1975-1985 Gan...