Tuesday, July 16, 2024

7/15/24

Harry Connick Jr.- Chanson du Vieux Carre
(I had high hopes for this when it was released, but it disappointed me. It's been years so I thought I'd try again, as it really should be in my wheelhouse--instrumental takes on New Orleans classics. But it just doesn't work. It feels more like an Ellington big band suite, which is fine if it was advertised that way.)

Tyrone Washington- Natural Essence
John Lennon- Mind Games (Raw Studio)

Paul Weller- As Is Now

(Been awhile for this one, and it is much better than I remembered it. Great record.)



Chas Sanford- Parallax View (five songs)
(I had this when it was first released in 1982 because I loved the opening track, "Surrender," which was a Song Of The Day the last week or so. But it is really dated, like second rate Bryan Adams.)

Peter Tosh- The Toughest: The Coxsone Years- 1963-1966
The Edgar Winter Group- Shock Treatment

Mike Viola- Electro De Perfecto

(New record coming!)


Juliana Hatfield- Sings ELO
Graham Gouldman- The Graham Gouldman Thing
The Stairs- Weed Bus E.P.

The Rolling Stones- Through The Past Darkly (U.K. Stereo)
(Hot tip for the 0.000012 people reading who also buy vinyl, there is a fairly new release of this record on colored vinyl. It's the U.K. tracklist, which is superior, and it is a very nice pressing. I grabbed one on Amazon for $13 or $14 for their "Prime sale." That is all.)

The Beatles- Rubber Soul (U.K. Stereo)




1 comment:

cmealha said...

I got through the rest of the Paul Weller catalog on my trip and "As Is Now" was a highlight. Also liked "Studio 150" very much. I wasn't familiar with most of the covers. The ones I was familiar with I liked a lot especially his take on "Close to You".

9/11/24

Scott Walker- Scott 2 Roland Alphonso & the Beverley's All-Stars- Dream Land Neil Young- After The Gold Rush John Cale- Slow Dazzle ...