Sunday, July 14, 2024

7/13/24

Dennis Bovell & The 4th Street Orchestra- Ah Who Seh? Go Deh!
(An all-timer!)



Emahoy Tsege-Mariam Gebru- S/T
Dr. Alimantado- The Best Dressed Chicken In Town

The Beatles- Rubber Soul (U.K. Stereo)
(Been digging the stereo versions after only playing the mono copies for years.)

David Bowie- No Plan E.P.

Orquesta Akokan- Caracoles
(That was fun!)

Nilsson- Aerial Ballet (VMP 2023 MONO RM)
Steel Pulse- Hansworth Revolution

Be-Bop Deluxe- Drastic Plastic
(For years this was my least favorite Be-Bop album. It has since moved up to #3.)

George Harrison- Rarities
Marvin Gaye- Super Hits (Side One)
Living Colour- Vivid
The Who- Quadrophenia (Sal's Edit)





2 comments:

Bill said...

OK Sal, I'll bite--what's your secret recipe for Quadrophenia? I feel less of a need for this album to be reduced.

Sal Nunziato said...

I don't know if my secret recipe makes it better, I just don't like double albums. And "Doctor Jimmy" doesn't hold up well lyricallly...for me.

But this is my version nonetheless:

I Am The Sea
The Real Me
Cut My Hair
The Punk & The Godfather
I'm One
The Dirty Jobs
Helpless Dancer
Is It In My Head
5:15
Sea & Sand
Drowned
Bell Boy
Love Reign O'er Me

8/25/24

Clifford Jordan- These Are My Roots: Jordan Plays Leadbelly Jerry Reed- The Unbelievable Guitar & Voice Of... David Bowie- Station To St...