Saturday, July 13, 2024

7/12/24

Steve Lacy- Evidence

John Lennon- Mind Games (The Elemental Mixes)
(This, Disc 2, quite frankly, blew my mind.)

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers- Like Someone In Love

Dr. John- Frankie & Johnny
(Just released "lost" solo piano album from the early 80's. I expected this to be a barrel-scraper, but it is suprisingly wonderful. Great playing from the Dr.)

Bob Dylan- Unreal Live (first half)

(Fan compiled set of soundboard recordings from the "Real Live" tour that didn't make the "Real Live" album. Lots of good stuff.)

The Move- Looking On
The Beatles- A Hard Day's Night (U.K. Stereo)

The Bobby Fuller Four- I Fought The Law (MONO)
(This, I think, is their sole "proper" record. But it's a killer.)

John Lennon- Mind Games (The Elemental Mixes)
(Had to go in again. Stunning.)







No comments:

9/12/24

Robyn Hitchcock- 1967: Vacations In The Past (I was hoping to like this more. But almost all of his covers really got under my skin.) Nick L...