Wednesday, May 8, 2024

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies
Steve Winwood- S/T

(I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had found gold. The Traffic album is and has always been weak. But that debut solo from Stevie is quite good.)


 


Joe Jackson- I'm The Man
Tom Verlaine- Cover

Geraint Watkins- In A Raw Mood

(Pure joy.)

 

 

Daughters Of Albion- S/T
Montage- S/T

(Just saw a recent clip of The Lemon Twigs and the brothers were asked, "What is your favorite record right now?" Michael said "Montage," which I have been raving about for years. Brian said "Daughters Of Albion" which I haven't played in years. The former, a Michael Brown project, post-Left Banke, that I think is 100 times better than the second Left Banke album. The latter is a Leon Russell produced sunshine psych record that apparently has The Wrecking Crew on it and was recorded in and around the time of "Smile." Makes sense. You can hear and feel both of these records all over the Lemon Twigs records.)


 

 

Elvis Costello- Ten Bloody Marys & Ten How's Your Fathers
("I was seriously thinking 'bout hiding the receiver when the switch broke 'cause it's old" is one of the most genius lyrics of all time.)

The Hollies- Stop! Stop! Stop!

No comments:

5/18/24

St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Joe Higgs- Life Of Contradiction (An amazing record. Truly beautiful, and one that I always think would appe...