Tuesday, May 7, 2024

5/6/24

Jennifer Lara- Weekend Loving
(A recommendation from a reggae guy I follow on IG. I know Lara's first, but never heard this. Very nice. Some of it felt more like a Chaka Khan record than a dancehall, lovers rock, reggae record, but it worked.)

Rickie Lee Jones- S/T (Kevin Gray Master)
Alice Cooper- Killer

Blue Oyster Cult- Secret Treaties
(BOC is another great candidate for a run of four, starting with this through "Mirrors.")

The Tubes- S/T

John Lennon- Walls & Bridges
(Good record, but what was the point of rewriting "How Do You Sleep" as "Steel & Glass?")

Genesis- Turn It On Again: The Hits
(I remember reading an interview with Tony Banks where he mentions how the older fans want to hear the "long songs" and so they added "Tonight Tonight Tonight" and "Driving The Last Spike" into the set. Someone should have said, "Tony, we meant the GOOD long songs.")








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. saw rickie lee jones in concert tonight in Homer NY. just her and a talented percussionist. she sounded just like the record. very cool show. thanks for letting me share

Sal Nunziato said...

I believe that percussionist was Mike Dillon, a fave of mine. Lives in New Orleans, plays with a number of people I ove like Stanton Moore, Charlie Hunter. And I am pretty sure he produced Rickie's albums now that she lives in New Orleans.

5/18/24

St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Joe Higgs- Life Of Contradiction (An amazing record. Truly beautiful, and one that I always think would appe...