Wednesday, April 3, 2024

4/2/24

Emahoy Tsege Mariam Gebru- Spielt Eigene Kompositionen
(Solo piano by an Ethiopian nun who passed away at 99 in 2023, suggested by Norah Jones. Stunning.)

 

 

Emahoy Tsege Mariam Gebru- Jerusalem
(I enjoyed the first one so much, I went back for more. This collection is a bit more diverse. A couple of French vocal tracks. Less meditative.)

Shelby Lynne- The Servant
(Loving this on the second pass. Rootsy gospel music with a southern, swampy feel. So good. "Wayfaring Stranger" is hauntingly beautiful.)


 

 

Daryl Hall/John Oates- S/T (Silver Album)
(Sill holds up. Only just hit me after 50 years "Nothing At All" is a sorta rewrite of "She's Gone.")

Utopia- POV
(New 2024 vinyl remaster with two bonus tracks. Great remaster, but still my least favorite Utopia album.)

The Animals- Retrospective (Sides Two & Three)
(I am not an Animals fan. Never have been. A few singles here and there, but mostly was turned off by Eric Burdon's voice. Plus, "When I Was Young," "Monterey" and "Sky Pilot" are right up there with my most hated songs. But I like this two -LP set because it's the only collection to cover everything, including "Spill The Wine," which isn't even The Animals. I felt like listening to some of it, but I'm sure it'll go right back on the shelf for another three years.)

The Ventures- Surfing
(Hitting that box of Ventures again. It's hard to go wrong with any of their records, though nothing beats "In Space.")

Rick Derringer- All American Boy
(Been thinking about this record since I played "Guitars & Women" last night. This is where I came in, having no idea in 1973 that Rick was in The McCoys. Still love this album.)




iPod on Shuffle:
Pull Up To The Bumper- Grace Jones
Stranger In My Own Home Town- Elvis Presley
39- Queen
Land Of Sea & Sun- The Paragons
This Is Always- King Pleasure
Haitian Divorce- Steely Dan
Street In The City- Pete Townshend & Ronnie
Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot- Sting

No comments:

4/29/24

Dadawah- Peace & Love Brian Eno- Before & After Science St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Pet Shop Boys- Nonetheless Alice Cooper- Wel...