Tuesday, April 2, 2024

4/1/24

Beyonce- Cowboy Carter
(About 48 minutes too long.)

Mahavishnu Orchestra/John McLaughlin- Inner Worlds
(First time hearing this one. Read a great review so I was curious.  Great opening cut, but the vocal tracks are cheesy and overall, a disappointment.)



Kim Gordon- The Collective (three songs)
(What a load of pretentious crap.)

Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle- One From The Heart
(One of the greatest soundtracks ever to one of my favorite films ever.)




Syd Barrett- The Madcap Laughs
(Few records in recorded history so perfectly capture the heart, spirit and personality of the artist as well as this album. Just brilliant.)



 

10cc- Windows In The Jungle
(There wasn't just one copy of this record in the collection I bought a little over a week ago. There were three copies! Even stranger, I didn't recognize it. As a lifelong fan of 10cc, I was shocked that I had never listened to this 1983 release. It was their swansong so I might have given up by then. What a surprise. Nothing groundbreaking, just solid pop tunes, mostly sung by Eric Stewart. I expected crap, but instead got what feels like a new 10cc record!)

 

Van Halen- Fair Warning
("Women & Children First" crushed me. I hated that record after "Van Halen II." This album immediately erased that disappointment. "Mean Streets," "Unchained," "So This Is Love" all killer!


Rick Derringer- Guitars & Women
(Two records in one! A great Derringer record and a great Utopia record! Also, my very first set of liner notes was for this CD release.)

1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

I do a mean cover of "Take Me Home" in the show, breaking my heart just a little bit every time.

4/29/24

Dadawah- Peace & Love Brian Eno- Before & After Science St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Pet Shop Boys- Nonetheless Alice Cooper- Wel...