Wednesday, April 17, 2024

4/16/24

Difford/Tilbrook/Shear/Straw- MTV Unplugged, 1989
(Debut episode. Found this on a hard drive. Fun stuff!)


Kevin Godley- Muscle Memory
(I started listening to this the week it was released, but wasn't immediately taken with it. Four years later, I decided to go back in. Made it through five songs. Nothing is hitting me.)

Dave Edmunds- Tracks On Wax 4
(Saw some posts on Instagram about Dave. His b'day, maybe. Then, listening to Lizzy made me think of their cover of "Trouble Boys." Figured it was time to listen to some Dave himself.)


 

Big Star- #1 Record
(Probably not a popular opinion but I prefer "Radio City" more than "#1 Record" and I prefer Chris Bell's "I Am The Cosmos" more than either.)



Bad Brains- I Against I
(Much different than what was before and what came after, but still my fave.)



The Sons Of Negus- Freedom Sounds
(Essential. Top 10 Reggae record of all time.)



The Meters- Look-A Py Py (Kevin Gray Master)


 

Crowded House- Temple Of Low Men
(Nice interview with Neil Finn in the new Mojo. Talks about how Capitol Records dropped the ball on this record. I remember buying the cassette (!) at Penny Lane Records in Venice Beach, CA. Cannot listen to it without thinking of that beach!)


 

Professor Longhair- New Orleans Piano
(A guaranteed good mood, and that's coming from King Crank.)



No comments:

4/28/24

The Zutons- The Big Decider James Booker- The Piano Prince Of New Orleans: Live, Hamburg 1976 Bob Marley & The Wailers- African Herbsman...