Tuesday, April 16, 2024

4/15/24

African Head Charge- A Trip To Bolgatanga
(Have I mentioned that I love this record? This album always does its job, anytime of day, any day of the week.)


John Cale- Music For A New Society



Bee Gees - Horizontal (Kevin Gray Stereo Master)
(This and the debut absolutely shine with Kevin Gray's master. And if you are a fan of The Posies, listen to the first two Bee Gees records. The Posies borrowed a lot, in all the best ways.)


 

 

Dr. John- Things Happen That Way
(Still loving this one.)


 


Traffic- Heaven Is In Your Mind (U.S. MONO, Kevin Gray Cut)
(One of three different versions in my collection, and as fantastic as this Kevin Gray version, I think the original U.K. mono edges it out.)


 

 

Thin Lizzy- Jailbreak
(Probably uncool, or obvious to pick "Jailbreak" as their best. But it really is something else. "Running Back" needs to be covered by an acoustic duo with Everly harmonies.)



David Bowie- Aladdin Sane
(Bought this on Sheepshead Bay Road in Brooklyn at Sugar Mountain Records when it came out. I was 9 years old. The clerk almost didn't want to sell it to me, but my older cousin was with me. He was 13. People either love or hate the Stones cover below. Guess where I stand?)



Steely Dan- Aja
(Never tire of Steve Gadd's drumming on the title cut.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great day of music! All are worthy of many spins.

I watched "Phil Lynott: Songs for While Im Away" a couple of weeks ago. Both Running Back and The Boys Are Back In Town feature in the film. It's got me playing a lot of Thin Lizzy of late (as if I needed prompting).

- Paul in DK

4/28/24

The Zutons- The Big Decider James Booker- The Piano Prince Of New Orleans: Live, Hamburg 1976 Bob Marley & The Wailers- African Herbsman...