Monday, April 15, 2024

4/14/24

Emahoy Tsege Mariam Gebru- Jerusalem
(Beautiful for a Sunday morning.)



Walter Wolfman Washington- Feel So At Home
(Taking it slow today. The Wolfman's swan song is all vibe. Lovely.)



The Ventures- The Fabulous Ventures
(Still digging into the dozen or so Ventures records that were part of the collection I picked up a few weeks ago. I've enjoyed every one, including this one.)

 

The Ventures- Underground Fire (Side One)
(This one is from 1969 and the organ is featured a bit more than the guitar, which is not necessarily a good thing. Plus, Side One is all originals. They should stick to covers. Meh.)

Elvis Costello- Hey Clockface
(Been some time since I played this and I am happy to say, it still holds up. Loved it upon release and loved it today.)


 

Van Halen- II
(I bought this the week it was released on a recommendation from my old Sheepshead Bay pal Sal. I somehow missed out on the debut. This brings me right back Brooklyn.)




 



No comments:

4/30/24

Tony Gregory- Sings (Found this on a reggae blog I follow. Listed as a "rare non-reggae record recorded at Studio One in 1968." Pr...