Saturday, March 2, 2024

3/1/24

iPod on Shuffle:
Rush Across The Road- Joe Jackson
Do Anything You Want To Do- Thin Lizzy
Vampire (outtake)- Peter Tosh
Easy Silence- Dan Wilson
The Bed- St. Vincent
Hallelujah, I Love Her So- Ray Charles
Can't Find Time For Anything Now- John Williams
Only A Fool- The Black Crowes
Like A Nightmare- Motorhead
Hurting Each Other- The Walker Brothers
So Much Love- Dusty Springfield
Hey Grandma- The Move
Then She Kissed Me- Kiss
Lookin' For Boys- The Pinups
You Are Leaving Now- The Gaylads
Fifi The Flea- The Everly Brothers
Heavy Cloud No Rain- Sting
The Passenger- Siouxsie & The Banshees

Ornette Coleman- The Art Of The Improvisers
(This is the record I foolishly think will make the haters turnaround. Who am I kidding? Still, it's one of my faves.)

St. Vincent- Marry Me
(Every song a winner.)

Elvis Costello & The Attractions- All This Useless Beauty
(Almost every song a winner. Great to have fully prodcued versions of the Aimee Mann and McGuinn tracks.)

Chris Braide & Andy Partridge- Queen Of The Planet Wow!
(This came out of nowhere. I don't know Chris Braide. But this E.P. is very Andy/XTC. Love it.)

Motorhead- Overkill
(This is where it all began. 1979, East 19th Street, Sheepshead Bay. Phil pulls up and this is blasting from his Blaupunkt car stereo, scaring all the girls away.)

Grace Jones- Nightclubbing
(The bass playing on "Pull Up To The Bumper!" The low harmony on the second chorus of "Pull Up To The Bumper!" There is a lot of genius on this record. Never gets old. And one of the best sounding records I own. Sly & Robbie!)

Joe Bataan- Gypsy Woman (Kevin Gray RM)
(I realize I am talking to 5 people here, but I can't stress enough how HOT those Fania boogaloo records from 1967-1972 really are.)



No comments:

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...