Friday, March 1, 2024

2/29/24

Ministry- HOPIUMFORTHEMASSES
(This was fun...once.)

Todd Rundgren- White Knight
(New tour, but new album? Not sure. Doubtful. Still enjoying "White Knight.)

Billy Cobham- Spectrum
(This was featured on one of the jazz guys IG feed I follow, so I needed to hear it, of course. Classic "jazz" record in every rocker's collection.)

Paul Weller- Wake Up The Nation
(And it continues...)

Julian Lage- Speak To Me
(Wow! First time listening to Mr. Margaret Glaspy. Was expecting some kind of amelodic, BN jazz guitar noodling, but this is not that. It's Ry Cooder, Danny Gatton, Kenny Burrell, Les Paul, Jeff Beck, Django. Fantastic. What a feast for the ears!)

Liam Gallagher & John Squire- S/T (five songs)
(Meh. I think it's Liam. I just don't like the way he sings. He whines everything! Nothing new here.)

Steve Earle- Copperhead Road
(Def a contender for his best.)

Warren Zevon- Personal Playlist
(Talking about Zevon with Michael Giltz, so I had to listen to Warren Zevon. "The Hula Hula Boys" is genius, by the way.)

Ramones- Rocket To Russia
("The Quintessential punk album" it says on the hype sticker. I've got ten better, but I love it at #11.)

 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Catching up after a few days away. I've been on a Zevon kick recently too (although I'm kind of always on a Zevon kick). Reading about Richard Lewis lead me back to this article, which I very much enjoyed re-reading.
https://www.theringer.com/music/2022/10/28/23426969/warren-zevon-late-show-david-letterman-anniversary

Bill

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...