Thursday, February 29, 2024

2/28/24

Paul Weller- Fat Pop (Vol. 1)
(It was still on the turntable from last night, and it pulled me in again this morning. I like it more with each spin.)

Dirty Dozen Brass Band- Funeral For A Friend
(Gearing up for a trip and this is a great place to start. More upbeat than the title suggests.)

Joni Mitchell- Blue
(Joni. "Blue.")

Aimee Mann- Bachelor No. 2
(Welcoming this back into my collection after selling my copy and regretting it for months. Her absolute masterpiece.)

Bad Company- Straight Shooter
(Great stuff on the first four albums, but this one is still the best of the lot. I can still see the record in the window of Golden Disc on Bleecker Street when it was first released. I passed it every day after school and finally spent my allowance on it a few days later.)

Television- Marquee Moon (2023 Kevin Gray Master)
(Yes, of course...the guitar playing! BUT...the drumming! Fucking Billy Ficca!)

Paul Weller- Saturns Pattern
(I like the new single. I don't love it. But it's just enough to kickstart a Weller binge. This album? I like it, I don't love it. But like "Fat Pop," I keep going back and it keeps getting better.)

The Replacements- Pleased To Meet Me
(Jim Dickinson!)





No comments:

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...