Wednesday, February 28, 2024

2/27/24

Sundance- Natty Majesty
(Prior to last week, I knew nothing about this artist or album. But I listened on a rec, and I loved it. I've since tracked down a copy and still cannot find much info on Earl "Sundance" Sheppard. But I am loving this record. It's a reggae record, for sure, but with sprinkles of 60's psychedelia. Just terrific.)

The Rolling Stones- Essen, 10/7/70
(A+ boot with a solid peformance. "Roll Over Beethoven!" You don't get that one from the Stones too often.)

Cheap Trick- In Another World
(They are due for a new one. This one still kicks my ass.)

Sid Bucknor- Sid's Melodic Vibes
(New collection of old reggae instruments...I think. Meh.)

Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti
(Massive. Epic. Never gets old. Tried doing one of my edits, down to a single LP. Couldn't do it. Best I got was a 3 sided record. Might as well leave it be.)

Electric Light Orchestra- A New World Record
("Physical Graffiti" brought me to this record, as both were on heavy rotation at my friend Rob's house. He had 300 albums, but seemed to only play these two. Fun memory. Great album.)

NRBQ- Wild Weekend
(This one is full of pop gems. Then again...every Q album is. But, "Little Floater" and "If I Don't Have You" are just unreal.)

Paul Weller- Fat Pop (Vol. 1)
(Funny thing about this record, and a possible Burning Wood topic-- I don't love it, yet I keep going back to it.)




 


1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

Physical Graffitti does not need to be edited down. It's great as is. Sundance's natty Majesty not on Amazon or Apple. Grrr.

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...