Saturday, February 10, 2024

2/9/24

Donald Byrd- Slow Drag (Kevin Gray Remaster/Tone Poet)
(My favorite Donald Byrd. Side One is perfect. And Side Two is pretty damn good, too.)

Linda Ronstadt- Canciones de mi Padre
(Always surprised by how much I enjoy this record.)

The Walker Brothers- Greatest Hits (Record Two)
(The iPod shuffled up "Just Say Goodbye," which I thought was Scott solo. Felt like hearing it again and discovered it on the Brothers "Hits" double.)

Dwight Twilley- Jungle
(Picked up a few records at Generation on Thompson Street yesterday. This was one of them. A major disappointment after "Scuba Divers" --my fave Twilley--though this sounded pretty good this time around. Side Two is still kinda weak.)

Blue Oyster Cult- Agents Of Fortune
(I love this band and say so twice a year on Burning Wood. My second fave after "Secret Treaties." Whatever you think BOC sounds like, they don't.)

Free- All Right Now : The Best Of
(Picked up a few records at Generation on Thompson Street yesterday. This was one of them. This is a U.K. comp from 1991 with all the right songs, but everything sounds different. Fine print revealed that all songs were remixed by Bob Clearmountain! Ugh! Cowbells, reverb! MTV ready! I think I knew this back when the shop was open, but apparently forgot. Stick with the original albums.)

Wire- Pink Flag
(Essential. Can't recall if it was Creem or Trouser Press...could've been both...who gave this a five star rating 1977. I jumped on it, and admittedly didn't fall head over heels at the time. But it eventually sunk in. One of my Top Ten punk records.)







No comments:

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...