Sunday, February 11, 2024

2/10/24

Crowded House- Dreamers Are Waiting
(New single put me in the mood.)

Junior Wells w/Buddy Guy- Hoodoo Man Blues
(Both of these guys' best record!)

Judy Mowatt- Black Woman
(One of the all time great reggae records. Def in my Top 10 and one that may even appeal to the ardent reggae non-supporters. Naaaah!)

Queen- A Night At The Opera (Abbey Road HSM)
(Debut with the new Ortofon cartridge. Very nice, but the original U.K. "Blair's Cut" is still the best press.)

V/A- Nuggets: Volume 2
(Still waiting for the British Nuggets to get a deluxe vinyl release. Rumors say this RSD in April.)

The Who- My Generation (Japanese True Stereo)
(The definitive version of this classic!)

Sweet- Sweet Fanny Adams
(If you only had one Sweet album...and I do only have one...it's this one.)

Jon Cleary- So Swell
(For two years this was an expensive, vinyl only release. It's finally been set free. I beg of you, stream or buy this now!)

 



1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

Hoodoo Man Blues? Streaming!

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...