Thursday, February 8, 2024

2/7/24

Bob Dylan- Time Out Of Mind (2022 remix)
(This really is the better mix. Fantastic.)

Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here
(Second fave after "Piper.)

Todd Rundgren- A Wizard/A True Star (Original Japanese Pressing)
(It was time to test this one out on the new Ortofon. Oh yeah!)

Geese- 3D Country
(Really loving this new Geese record. So much going, not a boring second.)

Willie Nelson- Teatro
(Occasionally, Daniel Lanois gets it right.)

Fats Domino- Swings
(No bad records. Imperial, ABC, WB...every record worth your time.)

Boz Scaggs- Silk Degrees (Kevin Gray Remaster)
(Pulling out some classics to test drive with the Ortofon. This album was the soundtrack of my summer when it was released and it still brings up snapshots when I listen to it. There's nothing like it and this pressing is something else, especially with this new set up.)

The Replacements- Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash
(Time to cleanse the palate.)




 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

100% agree on the new Time Out of Mind mix. I didn't know I needed it until I heard it.

Have you listened to the remix of REM's Monster that was on the reissue? I didn't even know it existed until last week (never really liked the sound of Monster, so didn't pay much attention to the reissue). It tones down a lot of what I don't like about the original mix.

PS: Silk Degrees is great. I think Boz got slagged off a bit because he became too popular and his records were well-produced. When I dip back in from time to time, I'm always delighted.

Bill

Michael Giltz said...

Boz Scaggs is great on both his original albums and as a singer covering standards! It's so obvious but I have to say Dark Side of The Moon is my favorite with Piper and the brilliant Wish You Were Here tied for second, though Piper is almost a different band. it's like comparing Then Play On to Rumours. Teatro comment -- hahahaha. And I'm VERY intrigued by your Dylan comment. I will check it out.

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...