Wednesday, February 7, 2024

2/6/24

Earl King- Street Parade
(Sounded so good yesterday, had to go in again today.)

The Last Dinner Party- Prelude To Ecstasy
(Listening to the vinyl for the first time. Solid, though the hype sticker says "on Midnight Black vinyl." So black isn't black anymore.)

Brute Force- S/T (Side One)
(First time, on a rec from a jazz guy I follow on Instagram. Kind of a hybrid of third rate funk and jazz. Not doing it for me.)

Geese- 3D Country
(Finally got around to this. Loved the debut, but on first pass, I like this more. Little Feat. Television. Nirvana. Savoy Brown! Is this possible? It's what I am hearing.)

Badfinger- Wish You Were Here
(Only a matter of time after discussing it yesterday. A really great record.)

The Replacements- Tim (Ed Stasium Mix)
(Their best? Maybe.)

Nico- Desertshore
(I used to avoid Nico like the plague, but I've been incredibly fascinated by her records lately. This one in particular, though as strange as any, is really hitting the spot...and I can't explain why.)

Roy Harper- Folkjokeopus
(Just felt like hearing it...again.)

Utopia- Oops! Wrong Planet
(RTI pressing with the Ortofon cartridge-best this ever sounded!)




No comments:

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...