Tuesday, February 6, 2024

2/5/24

Rush- Clockwork Angels
(Couldn't ask for a better finale.)

African Head Charge- A Trip To Bolgatanga
(The gift that keeps on giving.)

Earl King- Street Parade
(Hot off the presses from the Tipitina's Music Club, and just in time for Mardi Gras. The Meters backing up Mr. King and Allen Toussaint producing the proceedings. It's a no-brainer.)

Badfinger- Straight Up
(I love this record, but I think I love "No Dice" a bit more. And on certain days, "Wish You Were Here" more than either.)

The Beatles- 1962-1966 (2023 Remix: Sides Two, Three, Four & Five)
(What can I say? Just glorious.)

Deep Purple- Fireball
(Ian Paice shines on this record. "In Rock" is my go to, my fave...until I play "Fireball.")


 


 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree 100% about Clockwork Angels. Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Garden... fantastic

Anonymous said...

I've burned a CD with In Rock and Fireball together. Not all twofer sets work, but this one rips.

- Paul in DK

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...