Thursday, February 15, 2024

2/14/24

Prince Buster- The Message Dubwise
(One of the better dub records out there. Also, impossible to find.)

Lou Reed- Live At S.O.B.'s. NYC, '94
(Can't find too much info on this, but it's a terrific, albeit short solo set.)

Lydia Loveless- Nothing's Gonna Stand In My Way Again
(This one's got legs. Still digging it.)

Rush- A Farewell To Kings
(I'm up to this album in Geddy Lee's memoir, so I needed to hear it. It's also where I came in with this band. One of my Top Three.)

Paul McCartney & Wings- Band On The Run (Underdubbed Mixes)
(Fun, but probably don't need to hear it a third time.)

Peter Gabriel- S/T, 1978 (Abbey Road, HSM)
(I like this album more now than I did then. "Indigo!")

Creation Rebel- Close Encounters Of The Third World
(Finally getting reissued along with two other C.R. records. This one has been fetching $200-300 for too long now. Good news!)

Iggy Pop & James Williamson- Kill City
(This 2010 remix is the shit.)

Bettye Swann- Make Me Yours
(Back for more. Still on my mind after this week's BW post.)


No comments:

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...