Wednesday, February 14, 2024

2/13/24

Sun Ra- Space Is The Place
(Side One is an endurance test. But Side Two always hits the spot; truly perfect noise.)

Sun Ra- The Soul Vibrations Of Man
(A really strange set, even for Sun Ra. Probably don't need to hear this one a second time.)

Chicago- II (Steven Wilson Remix, Sides One & Two)
(One of my all time favorite Side Twos.)

Snooks Eaglin w/ Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen- The Way It Is (about half)
(Been years since I played this one and now I remember why. This should have been a killer, but it simply falls flat.)

Thomas Dolby- Astronauts & Heretics
(Wardo reviewed "Aliens Ate My Buick" over at his place, 'Everybody's Dummy,' and it reminded me of how much I enjoyed this one.)

Lil' Band O' Gold (And Friends)- Plays Fats
(The Traveling Wilburys of Louisiana with help from Robert Plant, Lucinda Williams, and more. So much fun.)

The Iguanas- Nuevo Boogaloo
(No question, one of my favorite New Orleans' artists. Probably seen them perform as much as anybody. Trying to keep the Mardi Gras vibe going, though some brass band music might be in order.)

The Wild Magnolias- Life Is A Carnival
(Yea, you right!)






1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

"A really strange set, even for Sun Ra." That is saying something!

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...