Thursday, January 25, 2024

1/24/24

Miles Davis- Miles Smiles
("Kind Of Blue," "Sketches Of Spain," and "Miles Smiles," three very different and very perfect Miles records.)

Peter Tosh- Equal Rights (Dub Versions)
(His best. Dub versions just as powerful, like a different record.)

David Bowie- Station To Station
(Saw a number of social media posts about this record, which celebrated 48 years this past Tuesday. Had to play it.)

Peter Frampton- Where I Should Be
(The beginning of the end for Pete, but I will stand by this record. Just great! Steve Cropper, "Duck" Dunn, Jamie Oldaker and Tower Of Power are here, too.)

Lee Morgan- The Cooker
(My fave Lee Morgan record thanks to the killer version of "Just One Of Those Things.")

X- Los Angeles
(This and "Wild Gift," what a one-two punch!)

Lightnin' Hopkins- Low Down Dirty Blues
(First time. Solid solo session from 1974.)

Miles Davis- Water Babies (Kevin Gray Cut)
(Never a fave, even with a terrific Kevin Gray press. Meh.)

Bob Marley & The Wailers- Jamaican Storm
(The earlier the better! I love all Marley, but this pre-Island stuff is priceless, even if some of it was remixed.)

Little Jr. Parker- "Blues Man"
(Fun stuff. It's on the Minit label, so you really can't go wrong.)

The Shangri-Las- I Can Never Go Home Anymore
(I bought this before the news of Mary Weiss' death. It came in the mail today. Had to play it. Glad I did. Miles above your usual 60's girl group albums.)

Professor Longhair- Mardi Gras In New Orleans (1949-1957)
(A great comp. Carnival is on!)







1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

I am listening to Legalize It right now!

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...