Sunday, January 21, 2024

1/20/24

Wayne Shorter- The All Seeing Eye
(Title track is an all-timer.)

Duke Ellington- Far East Suite
Dwight Twilley Band- Sincerely

Freddie King- Is A Blues Master
(Good record with a good band, including James Booker! But I recall liking it more the last time I played it.)

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- Into The Great Wide Open
(Old reliable)

Dr. John- The Sun Moon & Herbs
("Gris Gris" younger, weaker brother. Still a fun listen.)

O.V. Wright- 8 Men & 4 Women
(Killer!)

James Carr- You Got My Mind Messed Up
Todd Rundgren- A Wizard/A True Star
Lyn Collins- Think (About It)

The Cult- Sonic Temple
(Pound for pound, their best. and one of the best Side One/Track Ones ever!)

Joan Jett- S/T
(This one brings back a lot of memories, both great and horrible. Her solo debut and still her best. Oh, and the 2006 Greg Calbi remaster cleaned up a record that sounded better dirty. Buy an original.)

Slade- Slayed?
(The two hits aren't the best tracks on this album.)




3 comments:

hpunch said...

What a busy listening day!!! Nothing to say about Todd, James Carr, Dwight Twilley, Duke and Lyn Collins?
So good they left you speechless? I really love this 2.0 version. We all assumed everything you heard you liked. Nice to see the reactions. I agree on your Slayed? comment.

Sal Nunziato said...

I figured most know how I feel about Todd and Twilley. I thought, "Do I have to comment on everything?" Maybe I do. Hope others feel like you do about 2.0
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

2.0: 👍👍

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...