Monday, January 22, 2024

1/21/24

Velvet Underground- White Light/White Heat
(The older I get, the more I love "Sister Ray," and this whole record. Used to be my fourth fave VU. Now it's my second.)

Johnny Griffin- The Congregation
(Good playing. Typical Blue Note bop session.)

Genesis- Duke

John Doe- A Year In The Wilderness
(This really hit the spot. Been awhile. "The Golden State" remains one of the most upbeat, emotional and sexy pop songs ever written.)

The B-52's- S/T
(One of the all time great Side Ones.)

The Clash- London Calling

Television- The Blow-Up
(Right up there with The Who "Live At Leeds," Aretha at the Fillmore, Jerry Lee at The Star-Club and the Stones "Marquee '71.)



1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

London Calling always sounds fresh.

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...