Monday, June 7, 2021

6/6/21

Lennie Hibbert- Creation
The Everly Brothers- Roots
The Vince Guaraldi Trio- Jazz Impressions Of Black Orpheus
Elton John- Honky Chateau
Baden Powell & Vinicius De Moraes- Os Afro Sambas
Sparks- Lil' Beethoven
Crowded House- Dreamers Are Waiting
The Darkness- Permission To Land
The Knack- Get The Knack
Kiss- Rock 'N' Roll Over
The Gaylads- The Best Of

45s
Petula Clark- Downtown
King Kouchi- Show Me Your Motion
The Orlons- I Ain't Coming Back/Come On Down Baby Baby
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose- Too Late To Turn Back Now
The Five Stairsteps- Ooh Child
David Ackles- Down River
The Who- Pinball Wizard


1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

The Gaylads?? Damnit, I guess I'll have to change the name of my barbershop quartet.

Petula Clark's Downtown is one of the all-time greats. easily Top 100 singles.I had a successful (by my Mary Tyler Moore standards) party in the 1990s and had that on a mix and people came over saying how cool it was of me to play. I still feel a glow of retro-hipness.

I have never seen the film Black Orpheus, though I've heard the soundtrack. Now I'm intrigued by Guaraldi's take....

5/17/24

iPod on Shuffle: Hard Time Blues- James Cotton With A Little Help From My Friends/Nowhere Man- Jeff Lynne California Dreaming- The Mamas &am...