Saturday, September 12, 2026

9/11/2026

Milt Jackson & John Coltrane- Bags & Trane: MONO (1961) ***1/2

Quiet Sun- Mainstream: 2026 Mix (1975/2026) ***1/2

Bryan Ferry- Frantic (2002) ***1/2

Elton John- Blue Moves: Personal Edit (1976/2023) ***

Steve Cropper & The Midnight Hour- Watching the Tide (2026) ***

Del Shannon- Move it On Over (2011)  ****

Bob Dylan- Love And Theft (2001) ****

Rush- Signals (1982) ***

Squeeze- Cool For Cats (1979) ****

6 comments:

Dr Wu said...

I’ll be pillaging some of these selections for this morning’s session, thank you. I am Quiet Sun curious. T’his is yours from two years ago:
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/bob-dylan-a-masterpiece-bw-edit/pl.u-yZyV5MrFvmz8L

Cleveland Jeff said...

Lots of good stuff but still no surprise that Love and Theft topped it all. What's your Blues Moves edit? I really like at least half of it.

Sal Nunziato said...

I've always championed "Blue Moves," but it really is too long. And it only got three stars because I should have removed "Shoulder Holster" and "The Wide-Eyed & Laughing."

One Horse Town
Chameleon
Cage The Songbird
Crazy Water
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Between Seventeen & Seventy
Someone's Final Song
Where's The Shoorah?
Idol

Cleveland Jeff said...

Going to fire it up now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great edit. CJ

Dr Wu said...

BW Edits of Blue Moves: Converting the masses, 42 mins at a time. Lol.
From an earlier edit of mine, I’ve removed “Boogie Pilgrim” to improve tightness.
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/elton-john-blue-moves-stripped/pl.u-r2yBqRBTl09BD

9/12/2026

Bob Dylan- Blood On The Tracks (1975) **** Keith Hudson- Brand (1977) ***1/2 The Everly Brothers- Two Yanks In England (1966) **** David Bow...