Friday, August 7, 2026

8/6/2026

Jimmy Witherspoon- Classics: 1950-1951 (2005) ***1/2

Del Shannon- Move It On Over (2011) ****

T. Rex- The Slider: Tony Visconti Remaster (1972/2020) ****

The Everly Brothers- Sing (1967) ****

Graham Parker & The Rumour- Squeezing Out Sparks (1979) ****

Ian Hunter- You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic (1979) ***1/2

Stardust Five- S/T (2006) ****

Yes- S/T (1969) ****

Lou Reed- New Sensations (1984) ****

The Sorrows- You've Got What I Want: The Essential Sorrows, 1965-1967 (2010) ***


 

 

• There is a song on the Jimmy Witherspoon collection called "Once There Lived A Fool" that knocked me out. I was ready to make it a Song Of The Day, but YouTube only has a version from years later. It's a solid version, but if you could track down the version from 1951, it'd be worth your time.

• "New Sensations" is def top 5 Lou.

 e

4 comments:

Cleveland Jeff said...

I remember liking New Sensations. I'm not a big fan, but what are the other four?

Anonymous said...

The first Lou Reed gig I saw was on the New Sensations tour. Robert Quine on guitar, Fernando Saunders on fretless bass, and Fred Maher on drums were one killer band.

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

Here are 7 in random order:
Transformer
New York
The Blue Mask
New Sensations
Lou Reed- S/T
Street Hassle
Berlin

Anonymous said...

I’m enjoying a first spin of Stardust Five. An earlier collaboration Paul Kelly did with Peter Luscombe was Professor Ratbaggy who I got to see live long ago while down under. It’s a reggae/dub concoction that works better than expected. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPHMs5wI-Fw&list=OLAK5uy_kPJ134caVXim2GoorzVVmgXGenXpyCvLo

- Paul in DK

8/7/2026

John Lee Hooker- The Real Folk Blues (1966) *** Allen Toussaint- Life, Love And Faith (1972) **** Donna Summer- The Wanderer (1980) **1/2 Th...