Olu Dara- In The World From Natchez To New York (1998) ****
The Rails- Australia (2015) ****
Burning Spear- Hail H.I.M. (1980) ***
Elvis Costello- My Aim Is True: Kevin Gray Master (1977/2001) ****
Free- Heartbreaker (1973) ****
iPod on Shuffle:
We All Fall In Love Sometimes- Elton John
It's For The Love The Petals Fall- Georgie Fame
Liquidize- Wet Leg
One Hundred Years From Now- The Byrds
East Of Asteroid- 801
To Love Somebody- James Carr
Baby What You Want Me To Do- John Cale
Something In 4/4 Time- Daryl Hall
Get That Gasoline Blues- NRBQ
Frank's Theme- Tom Waits
I Could Never Love Another (After Loving You)- The Temptations
Man Overboard- Ian Hunter
Stop Messin' Round- Fleetwood Mac
Water Song- Hot Tuna
Exposure- Peter Gabriel
Wasting My Time- Jimmy Page
Moving Up- Jason Falkner
Radio, Radio- Elvis Costello & The Attractions
I Have Decided To Join The Airforce- Bee Gees
• Elvis Costello just announced an October deluxe release of "My Aim Is True," featuring a newly remastered LP and CD, as well as a 5 CD set with demos, early takes, outtakes and live material. I'll go on record right now, that upcoming remaster will NOT come close to this Kevin Gray master. This record never sounded better.
4 comments:
I agree with you on Elvis Costello's "My Aim Is True". The Kevin Gray master can't be improved on. I won't be buying any of the boxes but I will download all the goodies on Apple for a listen.
I received a very strange email announcement about the My Aim is True release. This was the subject line:
"My Aim Is True (49th Anniversary Edition) Box Set - Out October 2 Important mainly because it was sent directly to you Click to teach Jostle Mail this conversation is not important"
I don't know what Jostle Mail is.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing some if this, especially the stuff where the Attractions were forming, but Im certain this will be very expensive, and will likely pass.
Which reissue is the Kevin Gray master?
https://www.discogs.com/release/11235881-Elvis-Costello-My-Aim-Is-True
Post a Comment