Monday, August 3, 2026

8/2/2026

v/a- Goodbye, Babylon: D1, Introduction (2003) ***1/2

Dusty Springfield- Dusty In Memphis: Kevin Gray Master (1969/2026) ****

Johnny Adams- Heart & Soul (1970) ****

Marvin Gaye- What's Going On: Kevin Gray Master (1971/2022) ****

Graham Gouldman- The Graham Gouldman Thing (1968) ****

Rush- Now Playing (2026) ****

Dave Davies- Hidden Treasures (2011) ***1/2

The Who- Who's Next: 1995 Jon Astley Remix (1971/1995/2012) ****

The Zombies- Greatest Hits In MONO (2017) ****

Faces- Ooh La la (1973) ****

XTC- Skylarking: Steven Wilson Remix (1986/2016) ****


 

• For your consideration- Johnny Adams' "Heart & Soul," one the great southern soul records of all time.


5 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

I was blown away when I finally discovered Johnny Adams. There is always more music to listen to that I haven't heard before. But still, he's got a LOT of great albums.

Anonymous said...

I gave Rush - Hold Your Fire a spin yesterday and enjoyed it. It’s a very good rock album with only a few of those 80’s production moments. I was familiar with the singles, but the rest was new to me. I’ve got to wait until April to see them. Hopefully they live long enough to show up. :-)

- Paul in DK

Bob Aurora said...

Oooh, Johnny Adams. "I Don't Want To Know."

pmac said...

I love Heart & Soul, but, overall, I prefer Adams' Rounder catalogue.

Sal Nunziato said...

The Rounder stuff is excellent. I actually like the Doc Pomus album more than "Heart & Soul." But The Rounder catalogue is more jazz and blues than southern soul.

8/2/2026

v/a- Goodbye, Babylon: D1, Introduction (2003) ***1/2 Dusty Springfield- Dusty In Memphis: Kevin Gray Master (1969/2026) **** Johnny Adams- ...